Subject: Kermit for Victor 9000 CP/M-86
From: <[email-masked]> (Eric Zurcher)
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 86 09:47 MDT

I just threw together an updated KERMIT for CP/M-86 running on the
Victor 9000/Sirius, which I am forwarding to you.  I doubt that anyone else
is all that interested in a KERMIT for an obsolete operating system running
on an obsolete machine, but I offer it just to make the archives more complete.

        This version is directly derived from the "current" (itself over a
year old) CP/M-86 version for the DEC Rainbow, with only minor modifications.
Like the Rainbow, the Victor uses a 7201 serial port controller, so the
interface for the two machines is quite similar.  I added a routine to allow
the user to set the baud rate - I know it works at speeds up to 19200, but I
have not tested it at 38400.  I have not yet implemented a SET PORT command,
but this could be done without a great deal of trouble if someone wants to do
it.  Currently the program drives only port "A".  It should also be possible
to incorporate the VT102 and Tektronix 4010 emulation available in the MS-DOS
Kermit for the Victor, but that looked like more work than I wanted to take on
just now...

        Victor users should note that the default "escape" character, ^\, can
be generated by typing ALT-, (that's "ALT" and "," simultaneously), assuming
the usual CP/M-86 Victor keyboard definitions are installed.

                                        Regards,

                                        Eric Zurcher
                                        Dept. of Biology
                                        Utah State University
                                        Logan, Utah 84322-5305
                                        [email-masked]

------------------------------

Date:     Tue, 29 Jul 86 10:44 MDT
From:     <[email-masked]> (Eric Zurcher)
Subject:  KERMIT for Sirius/Victor 9000 under CP/M-86
To:       [email-masked]

This note will be followed by slightly modified versions of A86 and H86 files
for KERMIT for the Victor 9000/Sirius under CP/M-86.  This version is nearly
identical to the one I sent to you about 3 weeks ago, and differs only in that
the SET PORT command is now implemented, allowing the user to select either
serial port "A" or "B" - "A" is the default.  I hadn't originally intended
bothering to add this feature, but a freak lightning strike knocked out the
"A" port on one of the Victors in our department, and it was easier (and
cheaper) to implement the SET PORT option than to fix the hardware.

                                        Sincerely,

                                        Eric Zurcher
                                        Dept. of Biology
                                        Utah State University
                                        Logan, Utah 84322-5305
                                        [email-masked]

------------------------------